GPS Interfacing with NodeMCU (Getting Location Data)
Out Of Stock
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
GPS Module Interfacing with NodeMCU ESP8266 Showing the Latitude and Longitude on Webpage
Email when stock available
- NodeMCU is an open source IoT platform, contains firmware which runs on the ESP8266 Wi–Fi SoC from Espressif Systems and the hardware is based on the ESP-12 module. One of the speciality of NodeMCU is that it can be simply programmed using Arduino IDE.
- If you are new to ESP8266 module then start with the article Getting started with ESP8266 and Programming it using Arduino IDE and learn more about it by following the other IoT based projects with ESP8266:
- Facebook Controlled Home Automation using ESP8266 NodeMCU
- IoT Wireless Weather Station using Arduino, ESP8266 and ThingSpeak
- IoT Based Temperature and Humidity Monitoring over ThingSpeak using Arduino UNO and ESP8266
- IoT Controlled LED using Cayenne and ESP8266
- IoT Controlled LED using Blynk and ESP8266 (Node MCU)
NodeMCU have the advantages of both ESP-8266 and Arduino. It got enough I/O pins and can connect to computer using a micro USB cable. If we compare NodeMCU with a normal ESP8266-01 module– the ESP8266-01 module’s I/O pins are limited to 2 and you cannot connect ESP8266 directly to your computer without an additional add on board. And if we compare NodeMCU with Arduino, NodeMCU have inbuilt Wi-Fi where Arduino don’t have any inbuilt hardware for internet connectivity. So it’s easier to use NodeMCU for the applications where it need less GPIO pins and also needs to connect to WiFi network.
- Here in this IoT project, we will interface at GPS Module with NodeMCU ESP8266 and display the GPS data (Latitude, longitude, date and time) on a local webserver. And by forwarding the port in the router, this webpage can be accessed from anywhere in the world to monitor the location of tracking vehicle where this system is installed.
GPS Interfacing with NodeMCU: Getting Location Data
GPS Module Interfacing with NodeMCU ESP8266: Showing the Latitude and Longitude on Webpage
- 1 X NodeMCU ESP8266
- 1 X GPS module- Ublox 6m
- 6 X Jumper wires Male Male
- 1 X BreadBoard
There are no reviews yet.
You must be logged in to post a review.