Maker Pi Pico: Simplifying Raspberry Pi Pico for Beginners
Maker Pi Pico incorporates the most wanted Reset button for your Raspberry Pi Pico and gives you access to all GPIO pins on two 20 ways pin-headers, with clear labels. Each GPIO is coupled with an LED indicator for convenient code testing and troubleshooting. The bottom layer of this board even comes with a comprehensive pinout diagram showing the function of each pin.
Note This product comes with Raspberry Pi Pico soldered onboard.
Photo credit: Kevin J. Walters
It is a compact yet feature-packed board designed to sit at the heart of your STEM & robotics projects. Just use the jumper wires and/or Grove cables to connect any sensor and output modules to expand its capability. No soldering required!
CircuitPython is preloaded on the Maker Pi Pico and it runs a simple demo program right out-of-the-box. Connect it to your computer via USB micro cable and you will be greeted by a melody tune and LEDs running light. Press the push buttons to test the basic features on board right away. You may insert your micro SD card, dual channel speakers and a I2C OLED display module to try out too. Have fun!
Maker Pi Pico can be programmed with CircuitPython, MicroPython & C/C++. Just connect to any computer (including Raspberry Pi SBC) via USB, then drag and drop the file onto it to upload the program. It’s as easy as copying a file into your thumb drive!
What’s Raspberry Pi Pico?
Raspberry Pi Pico is the first microcontroller board from Raspberry Pi Foundation, specially designed for physical computing. It can be programmed with MicroPython and C/C++ to control things in our real world.
- Work out-of-the-box. No soldering!
- Access to all Raspberry Pi Pico’s pins on two 20 ways pin headers
- LED indicators on all GPIO pins
- 3x programmable push button (GP20-22)
- 1x RGB LED – NeoPixel (GP28)
- 1x Piezo buzzer (GP18)
- 1x 3.5mm stereo audio jack (GP18-19)
- 1x Micro SD card slot (GP10-15)
- 1x ESP-01 socket (GP16-17)
- 6x Grove port
- 1 x Maker Pi Pico
(Raspberry Pi Pico soldered onboard, with CircuitPython loaded)
- 1x Pinout reference card
- Maker Pi Pico Datasheet
- Maker Pi Pico Schematic Rev1.0.0-1.1.0 & Rev1.2.0.
- Maker Pi Pico Demo & Example Code
- 3D CAD
- Official Raspberry Pi Pico Page
- Getting started with Raspberry Pi Pico
- CircuitPython for Raspberry Pi Pico
- Raspberry Pi Pico Datasheet
- RP2040 Datasheet
- Raspberry Pi Pico Python SDK
- Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ SDK