Oscillator 18.432Mhz 4T
Out Of Stock
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
A crystal oscillator is an electronic oscillator circuit that is used for the mechanical resonance of a vibrating crystal of piezoelectric material.
- A crystal oscillator will create an electrical signal with a given frequency.
- This frequency is commonly used to keep track of time.
- Quartz crystal is mainly used in radio-frequency (RF) oscillators.
- Quartz crystal is the most common type of piezoelectric resonator, in oscillator circuits, we are using them so it became known as crystal oscillators.
- Crystal oscillators must be designed to provide a load capacitance.
- Usually, quartz crystal oscillators are highly stable, consist of good quality factor(Q), they are small in size, and are economically related.
- Hence, quartz crystal oscillator circuits are more superior compared to other resonators like LC circuits, tuning forks.
- Generally in Microprocessors and Micro controllers we are using an 8MHz crystal oscillator.