- Suited for projects that require accurate distance measurements.
- This IR sensor will also add obstacle avoidance and motion sensing to the list of mods you’re creating for your robot.
- The GPY0A21 uses a 3-pin JST PH connector that works with our 3-pin JST PH cables for Sharp distance sensors, also includes is a 3-pin JST PH cable 7.87 in (20 cm) in length for each unit.
- The sensor sends Infrared out which bounces off objects
- The returned analog voltage determines how close the nearest object is.
- It returns higher voltage, the closer the object is
- GP2Y0A21 IR sensor is more economical than sonar rangefinders.
- It provides much better performance than other IR alternatives.
- Interfacing to most micro-controllers is straightforward.
- You can connect the single analog output to an analog-to-digital converter for taking distance measurements.
- The output can be also connected to a comparator for threshold detection.
- 1 X Sharp Analog Distance Sensor.
|Maximum range||80 cm|
|Minimum range||10 cm|
|Sampling rate||26 Hz|
|Minimum operating voltage||4.5 V|
|Maximum operating voltage||5.5 V|
|Supply current||30 mA|
|Output type||Analog voltage|
|Output voltage differential||1.9 V|
|Operating voltage||4.5 V to 5.5 V|
|Average current consumption||30 mA|
|Update period||38 ± 10 ms|