Max7219 7-Segment Module
MAX7219 is an integrated serial input / output common-cathode display driver, which connects your microprocessor to a 7-segment digital LED display with 8 digits. You can use it for Arduino.
- The module is compatible of 5V / 3.3V microcontroller.
- Only three IO ports are used to drive the eight digit display.
- MAX7219 supports flicker free displays as well as cascading displays.
- PCV board four corners of the fixed copper stud, which can effectively prevent short circuit accidents happen.
- The MAX7219 is a popular and flexible 7-segment, bar graph and dot matrix common cathode LED driver that supports many functions for controlling LED displays.
- The driver provides flexible individual LED segment control as well as basic functions such as turning the display ON/OFF and adjusting the LED brightness.
- The MAX7219 communicates with a MCU via a 3-wire SPI bus.
- Once the display is updated by the MCU, the MAX7219 then takes care of all the work of keeping the display refreshed, so it removes that overhead from the MCU which can be off doing other more important things.
- The module communicates via the SPI interface, so it only require 3 data pins to connect to a MCU.
- If a larger display is needed, several modules can be daisy-chained together.
- Libraries are readily available such as the “LedControl.h” library built-in to the IDE for Arduino that makes communicating with the display very straightforward.
- 1 X Max7219 7-Segment Module
|No of Digits||8|
|Interface Type||SPI, QSPI, MICROWIRE Serial Interface|
|Digit LED Color||Bright RED|